Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arkansas Trip

Wow! What an exhausting trip Hayden and I had last week! We went home to Arkansas, to spend time with family and friends. I also went to the Razorback game on Saturday (talk about living on the edge-we almost lost it!!). Hayden had SO much fun with his cousin Averie, who he misses very much. They were little partners in crime, who loved to jump on the bed when they thought no one was looking. We also got to go out for pizza with Hayden's great aunts and uncles (who loved shoving quarters in all the little rides so he and Averie could ride).

I have to say the most fattening day was when we went to my grandmother's house to eat lunch. OH MY GOODNESS!! We had all of Hayden's favorites: mac n cheese, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole, chicken and stuffing, rolls, and that corn/cream cheese stuff that is fabulous! AND strawberry pie for dessert (my all time favorite!) What an awesome morning we had at Maw-Maw's house!

We also tried to get Averie and Hayden's pictures taken together (HA! Never try to get two two-year-olds to sit still and smile). Needless to say, an hour of pulling our hair out was enough. We gave up. We actually do have a photo, but nothing I would hang on my wall, LOL. But we do have the memory of those two goofballs rolling around on the floor, and running around the little studio. Priceless.

Over the weekend, Hayden went to stay with Gigi and Ma-Ma. He LOVES jumping on the trampoline and swinging, and he got to do both. He had a great time. However, by Monday morning, we were both SO ready to come home and see Daddy. I think we will be sticking close to home for a while, but what a great trip we had!

Here are a few photos!











0 comments: