Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Latest Doctor Appointment

So far so good! I went for my visit yesterday at the hospital (and my first to actually meet the doctor), and everything was great! Dr. Fothergill was super nice, and I heard the baby's little heartbeat, which is so reassuring. I am slightly anemic though, which I have never been before. I need to take more iron, and Tom and I looked up what foods are highest in iron. First on the list: organ meats.

Ugh, no. Unless I am in a plane crash in the Andes and starving or something, I am not eating the organs of anything. Period.

So, on to plan B: nuts, and Spinach. Totally doable. So today, Hayden and I are off to the grocery store to buy me some of both, and iron pills, which I will be taking on top of my multi-vitamins. Nuts and spinach, lol. I feel like someone's pet squirrel.

Otherwise, I feel great! Nausea is almost completely gone, and I am starting to get a little baby bump. I have actually lost a little weight, which the Dr. said is fine, and I am fine with that too, lol. It's about time to break out those maternity clothes.

Hayden is actually excited about having a baby. He picked out and named a little monkey he is going to give to the baby. SOOO cute! He named it Sleepy monkey. Now, if he can just keep that excited feeling AFTER the baby gets here, we will be doing great! Sharing Mommy is not on the list of his favorite things to do.

On Friday, Fed Ex will be bringing my awesome new double Jogger: the BOB Duallie. I am SO pumped. I have had several people who have told me how wonderful this thing is, and I can't wait to see for myself. It is made of lightweight aircraft aluminum, has five point harnesses, and even has a wrist tether attached to the axle, not the handlebar. So, if you are jogging uphill, with two kids, and fall, the kids won't tump over or roll down the hill. Genius! Only, how often will I be jogging, uphill, with two kids....

Well, it's still cool anyhow. Thanks, Louise, for my super awesome stroller! Will post photos when I get it!

0 comments: