Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Poor Baby

Last night, Hayden woke up, shaking really bad and barely able to breathe. We rushed him to the ER because Tom was afraid he might be having an allergic reaction or something that was going to get worse. Luckily (I say that, but the poor kid had to struggle to get air into his lungs), it was only croup. Something I have heard of but have never experienced-until now. Croup sucks!

He was SO brave though, he never cried until the ER doc tried to look in his throat- that was just too much for three in the morning. He had a breathing treatment, which he was more fascinated in looking at and touching than breathing in, and was so much better! He could breathe fine after that. They still did x-rays, though, which he has watched on Diego and was somewhat excited about seeing. You could see his little airway was constricted some, and made it hard to breathe.

He was such a big boy, and after taking some kind of medicine (not really sure what, that is Tom's department), we went home. Hayden was wide awake, and happy, and singing "Bob the Builder" on the way home.

Tom held him until he went to sleep, and slept until 7. Not me. I stayed up most of the night listening to him breathe. So scary!

This morning when Tom was getting ready for work, he said "I don't want Daddy to go!!", and we told him he had to go to work. Hayden said "I hurt, Daddy. Take me to the hospital quick!" Sneaky little boy!

Anyway, please pray that he gets over all of this SOON, and has no more craziness like last night.

0 comments: