Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Revelation

There have been times (more than a few!) lately that I have complained about the state of my house. I am not quite a clean freak, nor do I get upset when the tiniest little thing is out of order. I just like things, well, tidy. I pick up the same toys over and over (and over), every single day. But the other day, I walked by the table, and saw this...


little garbage truck sitting there. I all of a sudden came to a revelation. One day, there will not be a tugboat


on the side of the tub, or alphabet magnets (a seriously out-of-control number of them)


covering my refrigerator. Only two grown boys, who will be taller than me, stronger than me, with beards, drivers' licenses, and (gasp) girlfriends, who will surely take up most of their time. All of a sudden, I find myself dropping that garbage truck into the tub with the rest of the hot wheels, but with a little smile on my face. Cause right now, they are still mine. Sticky fingerprints, cheerios in the carpet. Yep, ALL mine. And I can't think of anything that makes me any happier!

0 comments: